Sunday, March 02, 2008

Pictures from the new kingdom...

I know its been a very long time since my last post, all I can say is that we've been really busy getting our stuff together. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, we still have a bunch to do but we're getting there. I thought I would share a few pictures of the new pad and its surrounds...


Our house from the street...
From the back... not very big, but there you go...
The shop behind the house - an additional 2-3 car garage... full of boxes right now.
The tractor that came with the property, for weed abatement in the area behind the yard - a 1946 Ford 2N, for those who are interested. I've already used it, although there is an electrical problem I haven't isolated yet.
The view looking West... the picture really doesn't do it justice.
The view looking South, early evening... that isn't snow on the distant mount range; it's fingers of fog creeping over the mountaintops into the valley -- it looked very cool as it was happening...
Long - ass driveway...


Spartacus, our mighty Rat Terrier, on our new tile...

That's all I got right now, but as things return to normalcy, I'll be posting more very soon...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

That looks great. Is that Cali or Arizona? BTW, how did your citizenship hearing go? I am new to your blog, following the link from Alphecca.

Kevin said...

Thanks for stopping by. This is the People's Republik of Kalifornia, I'm afraid... my citizenship hearing is coming up on the 25th of this month, and I'll be posting the result either way probably that day...

opalko said...

I came across your page when Google zero'd in on the "Ford 2N" (I search the web for new tractor links). I have a Ford 8N. Great looking tractor, and place BTW.

For help figuring out how to solve your 2N's electrical problems, check out these 2 forums:
http://www.ytmag.com (the 9N, 2N, 8N forum)
and
http://www.ntractorclub.com

I promise they will be able to help you get your tractor running!

Cheers!

Kevin said...

Robert, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the links! I'll definitely have to use them.

GUYK said...

Those old Fords were pretty good tractors..especially for busghoggin and light plowing..drove one a lot of miles with a side mower hooked up to the PTO cutting hay and as many more miles pulling a side rake to windrow the hay..then the tedder and then of course the baler and finally the damn hard part..the hay wagon..those old tractors sure got a work out, huh?

Kevin said...

Yeah, GuyK, everyone who's talked to me about those old Fords have nothing but good things to say about them, and I have to say once I get it running, it runs strong and does everything I need it to.

FHB said...

Nice new pad. And nice pooch.

FHB said...

And that picture with the clouds is absolutely beautiful. Nice view.

NotClauswitz said...

Sweet! It's nice to have a workshop/shed - and the High Ground.

NotClauswitz said...

Oh yeh, with the tractor you can dig enfilading trenches and other cool earthworks. :-)

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - your new place looks fabulous. Congratulations!

Spartacus looks like a badass!

Thud said...

Came here on dirtcrashrs recommendation...I think I'll stick around.