Saturday, September 06, 2008

First "gun" purchase this year....


Funds have been pretty tight this year since we moved into the new house, so I haven't been going too crazy on the gun front lately - to be honest, I pretty much have all the guns I want for the foreseeable future anyways (gasp!)... with the exception of maybe an M1A, which isn't going to happen anytime soon...
What I did get a few days ago was the first air rifle I've owned since I was a kid - a scoped Gamo Big Cat, something I can legally plink away with in my back yard. Man, I'd forgotten how much fun these things are! Packs enough punch to take out small game too, supposedly, although I haven't tried it out in that regard yet.

3 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Air-guns are great fun and a wonderful teaching tool for children. You'll be happy you made this purchase.

However, like you, I'm dying for an M1A...I have an M1 Garand, but my safe will not be complete without the 1A!

none said...

I recently purchased one very simlar made by daisy. I really like it but it's seems almost as loud as a .22 bolt action.

It sure does a number on squirrels..shoots right through them.

Have fun!

phlegmfatale said...

Your workshop looks really cool!