Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Hey There...

Been a while since I posted, I know. I sometimes go through patches when I don't feel inspired to put something down, thereby breaking the first rule of blogging, which is to post something every day or something like that...

My second interview went better than the first - I wasn't sick this time around, at least! - but I doubt I'll be getting the job. We'll see - I'll hear one way or the other this week, according to them.

As for scratching that itch... well, I eviscerated my change jar and turned in a bunch of cans (classy, I know), culminating in enough cash to plop down for another lower...
Found one at Ammo Bros in Ontario that I was willing to buy (in California, they tend to run a little more) - an LRB lower. I still have a lower parts kit in the shop from the rifle kit I got last time, so I'm good to go - sort of. Still need to figure out how I want to top it, but that's all part of the fun. Limitless possibilities - suggestions welcome...

3 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

Me too - slow to post, crappy weather and the blahs.
The lower is a great deal, go for it. One of these days I want to build an upper just for the experience.

Kevin said...

I'd like to, too, but I don't think I have the tools or know-how to do that just yet...

NotClauswitz said...

Yep, you need a barrel vise and some other stuff, a funny-shaped wrench - I've already an inch-pound torque-wrench.