Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hands free

Today's the day the cell phone law goes into effect here in California. Get caught using a cell phone without a hands free device, and you'll be popped for a fine of $20. Of course, once all the additional fees and whatnot get added, your $20 fine will grow to $76... for a first offense. Expect to pay $190 for your second. I'm not kidding.
But you know, texting in your car while cruising the highway is still legal. I totally don't get that, unless I'm the only one out there who's all thumbs when it comes to sending texts on my phone... that's WAY more distracting - to me at least - than holding a phone to my ear.
Just another tax, is all.

5 comments:

none said...

Since the morons around here won't self regulate I see it happening in my area soon.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I beat the device companies are loving that! Don't suppose they lobbied hard for that law do ya?!

NotClauswitz said...

I've never texted anything, and changed my text-address to DIESPAMMERSDIE so nobody will text me either. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dude,

You're back!

Kevin said...

Yessir! Thanks for sticking around...