Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fascism...

...Defined.
The "pay czar" is now going to determine executive pay at those companies that received TARP funds, cutting pay by as much as 90%.
I'm glad that they're doing this.
Not because I think that they deserve the cuts, because it's "my" tax money, because it really isn't. It's deficit money - "pretend" money that the govt has pretty much just printed up, but that's another topic entirely.
Not because I buy into that class warfare bullshit either, because dragging rich people down does nothing to help me climb up.
No, I'm glad they're doing it because it serves as a perfect example of what happens when you look to the government to solve your problems.
You ask the government for help, eventually you're going to get fucked.
Hopefully people will learn from this.

No comments: