Monday, June 04, 2007

Disneyland


What better way to spend a Sunday in June than to take the offspring to The Happiest Place on Earth? That's exactly what we did this last weekend - spent the night before at a hotel suite nearby, courtesy of the kids' grandparents, spent a leisurely morning at the pool (grandma, wife and kids) or in front of the TV (me and grandpa), and then rolled on into Disneyland around 12:45 (gasp! OMG! I've never been that late!).


Man, we were hitting everything ON POINT that day. We'd roll up to a ride, wait 15 minutes, get on, come out and see that the wait had suddenly gone to 45 minutes. We did more in that particular 7 hour trip than we've done by getting in at opening time and closing the place down. Plus we did some stuff I've never done before -- like ride that bigass sailing ship - The Columbia - it's like a floating museum! Pretty darn cool, let me tell you...


Anyway, without further ado, I shall bombard you all with some pictures of our day at the Magic Kingdom...


This is My Little Princess putting the hurt on Darth Vader during Jedi Training Academy (I was so jazzed! both my kids plus their cousin got to participate). It's blurry because I was extremely emotional at this point, and obviously couldn't keep a steady hand...



Parade shot - Beauty and the Beast. If you look to the right of the float, you can see some poor saps dressed up as silverware. Whatever they're paying those guys, it's not enough.





Check out this rhino - pretty cool huh? Part of the Lion King "segment".


Scenery shot from the bow of the Columbia...


Anyway, that'll do for now... suffice to say, we had a great time, got out at a reasonable hour and capped the day off with a fine meal at Joe's Crab Shack.

9 comments:

FHB said...

Cool. Never been there. I think you probably have to have kids to get a big kick out of it. Maybe not.

NotClauswitz said...

I think they should have a McHale's Navy ride up the river, with torpedo boats and machine guns!

FHB said...

That almost looks like a gay pride parade, there. Who'd a thunk it?

Kevin said...

Geez, at D-Land? Hmmm I wonder...

NotClauswitz said...

In the Magic Kingdom drag-queen Tinkerbelle and the Fairies have the power.
Didja know there is a cool "secret" bar there called Club 33, but you need to be the guest of a member to get in...

Kevin said...

DC, I've heard about the place, and I guess the entrance to the club is somewhere in New Orleans Square... probably a bit too upscale for the likes of me - I can barely handle the prices at the snack bars there...

Anonymous said...

Definitely gave me San Francisco/Palm Springs vibes...but looked like an awesome time!

phlegmfatale said...

wow - sounds like you had a blast. I went to Disneyland once, about 25 years ago. Loved it.

phlegmfatale said...

Oh, and looking at the photos, I thought the same thing: those people can't be earning enough to wear that crap!