Monday, June 04, 2007

Saving the Planet

Now that the lawn is established, I set my hands to more serious work... to try, in my own small, personal and humble way, to help heal the deep, searing wounds inflicted upon the body of our poor defenseless Mother Earth by that evil, soulless scourge known as humanity.

That's right... I got me some Carbon Offsets, baby!

From left to right we have the Mexican Lime Dwarf Carbon Offset, the Sweet Lemon Dwarf Carbon Offset and the Algerian Tangerine Dwarf Carbon Offset. (Note the grass - still luscious - nope - haven't killed it yet... though I do need to cut it).

One for each of our three vehicles (I reckon the Harley gets a pass at about 50mpg).

We're good to go - years of guilt free utterly wanton fuel burning ahead (plus some tasty fruit).

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Um, if you cut the grass, won't you be increasing your carbon footprint?

Kevin said...

Especially if I use my 6 HP Craftsman gasoline mower! MWAHAHAHA!

FHB said...

Hey you should see the weeds in my back yard. Just doin' my bit for the green belt baby.

Anonymous said...

LOL...the grass is taking over! But I can't wait for your trees to fruit! Hmm...sitting on the patio, looking out at your very own paradise, holding a Corona in your hand...but wait! I think I'm going to head on over to the Mexican lime tree and make that Corona even better! Or no...margaritas...yep, your house is the new party pad. You need to have S&W Construction build you an awesome outdoor BBQ kitchen...then it'd be perfect!