Monday, August 17, 2009

Interesting...

According to Ian Plimer, author of Heaven and Earth, the entire energy output of a windmill turbine over a typical 25 year lifespan is less than the energy used to create the materials to build it.
That is what one would call a waste of resources.
How the hell can that be "green" if your net energy result is negative? Are we not supposed to husband our resources as efficiently as possible?
Environmentalists - worse for the planet than a Chinese power plant.

3 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

I can't imagine that an electric car is even close!

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Amazing...and here I was thinking about putting one on top of my house!

Would the same apply to solar panels?

Kevin said...

Probably. I know they are very inefficient - more so than turbines, I think.