Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not quite sure...

What to make of it yet. I saw the article via Billy Beck about the census worker found hanging from a tree in rural Kentucky, with the word "Fed" scrawled on his chest. Listening to the radio later last night, I heard about the story again. The hosts had found out the guy was near terminal with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, had a sizeable life insurance policy and had expressed a desire to not see his family saddled withhis medical bills, so they were speculating that it was a suicide. I can't verify any of this - it's just stuff I heard on the radio - but taking out a middle-aged part time census worker in the middle of nowhere strikes me as an odd way to start the revolution. Guess I'll reserve judgement until I hear more about it. My thoughts are with his family regardless. I can only imagine what it must have felt like to get that call.
Bracing for the inevitable torrent of anti-conservative "red-neck domestic terrorist wacko" invective from the media...

Updated to add links. Yeah, another iPhone post...

No comments: