Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random stuff...

Wifey took My Little Princess to the Miley Cyrus concert at the Staples Center last night, which is quite a ways away from the valley and not in one of LA's best neighborhoods. Yes, I was a little concerned for them, especially since the laws in this state effectively keep my wife (and me) disarmed.
They had a good time, although it was made quite glaringly clear to them that Miley Cyrus is desperate to shed her "Hannah Montana - little girl" image, as evidenced by her on-stage gyrations and song selection. Good for her, but maybe we could've gotten a heads-up prior to dropping $200?
No, I didn't climb the hill last night - the temperature was still obscene after 5pm, but I did do the next best thing. I dusted off my 24 Hour Fitness membership card (yes, its been that long) and "hit the gym". I trudged along on a treadmill at 3.2mph, with the incline set at 8.5 for 35 minutes... I know, probably a piece of cake to all you out there, but whatever. Baby steps, right? That was enough to get me all tired and sweaty anyway. Today is even hotter, so I'll want to do the same tonight once wifey gets home...
Just got an email from Del-Ton which was a bit of a downer. They are currently working on orders placed in March. I ordered my rifle kit in June. What a bummer. The 12-16 week estimate on their website is just a tad bit on the low side, dontchyathink? Oh well, more time to stash money for it, I guess.
Work is slooooowww... scary slow. I've been filling my time with busy work all week. I don't mind doing that stuff - a lot of it is necessary after all - but the bread-and-butter stuff just doesn't seem to be coming in the door and that's a little disconcerting. We usually get a boost towards the end of the year, once all the local municipalities rush to get their required analyses done that they've been holding off all year - I just hope it's enough for us. Sure as hell don't relish looking for a job in this state, at this particular moment in history...

3 comments:

GUYK said...

HEH! I can hit that treadmill at that pace for a half hour but it has to be on level ground. Just don't have the air for an up hill climb.

Anonymous said...

I hope Samantha and Julie had a good time. Did you guys get my message?
Your sis

Kevin said...

Yes, a little delayed... Replied too... good to hear from you...