Thursday, February 22, 2007

Joys of parenthood...

My kids' school is across town from the kingdom, and I pick them up on my way home from work. So, we went through the usual ritual today, got home and as I went outside to unleash the hounds, I heard Number One Son start bawling inside. He rushed out to tell me he had lost his homework, by which time he had gone into complete meltdown, no doubt anticipating the fiendish punishment his teacher would visit on him in the morning. After a few choice words and a search of the truck, we hopped in to go back to school. Did I mention that it was clear across town?
We pulled up by the side of the school, and there it was: his homework packet placed by a tree on the roadside by some kind soul. Looks like my boy dodged the lash, though I'm out an hour of my precious time. Such is fatherhood.

No comments: