Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mixed Feelings...

Wow. This guy got popped with 1,600 guns? All in his home? Dude! I couldn't store near that many in my place and still live in it...
He beats that guy from Norco HANDS DOWN...
Thing is, the guy's a felon, which barred him from possession, besides which he had some stuff that was a definite no-no, like a live hand grenade and, oh, 35 machine guns(!).
I don't care for victimless laws that ban things, but the guy's stated reason for possession (he was preparing for an invasion of Cuba?) is a little out there. But, should one have to state a reason beyond what's explained in the 2nd?
I don't know about this one. Seems a bit wacky, but he doesn't seem to be a threat to anyone except for possibly Castro...
The guy's getting 65 months in Federal prison, so I guess this goes beyond California laws...
One quote in particular got my attention:

The judge said the weapons in the indictment included machine guns, a live grenade and "guns with silencers. There's only one reason to have a gun with silencers, and it's not for protection."

Um actually, in many other countries, most notably Finland, it's considered neighborly to use silencers, to keep the noise level down at the range. Not every gun-owner is a potential murderer, jackass.

1 comment:

FHB said...

Guys like that will never get it. Never. Reminds me of as story I read in the paper back at the turn of the century, when folks were in a panic over Y2K. One guy was interviewed in the Dallas paper, saying he was going to protect his family with his guns and his 60,000 rounds of ammo. I told my buddy that the bar had been raised!

And hell, I'd LOVE to have a live grenade, or a silencer that works. Doesn't mean I want to kill anyone. I just want to be ready, in case...

Ya know, in case I need to.