Friday, August 31, 2007

My First Time...

Tomorrow is September 1st and Dove Season opener here in CA. I'll be spending tomorrow morning up to my ankles in a muddy field blasting away with wild abandon at as many small, cute and helpless (yet - unfortunately for them - extremely tasty) flying critters as I can bag, which here in the Golden State is 10 per day, 20 in possession...
We'll see how I do... it's been a LONG time since I've done skeet, so I'm thinking I'll be pretty rusty. I guess tomorrow will determine whether I want to do this again or not. Hopefully I remember the camera this time...
This will be my very first bird hunt; wish me luck!

5 comments:

none said...

good luck!

And remember don't shoot at em shoot where they are going to be :)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Ah man, sure wish I could join you...used to love to dove hunt...sit in the shade in cammo, drink beer, and shoot up at least 2 boxes of shells (on a light day). Such fun and yes, good eatin'!

There used to be a place on TVA property where you had to be drawn to go, but it was a huge cornfield that filled a valley about 3/4 of a mile long. You could hear the shotting wave begin and see a flock of about 30 coming your way...as they passed the shooting grew louder and then faded away in the other direction. Then there may be 1 bird left that made it to the woods. A loud cheer would erupt for that bird of two that make it. Cool!

FHB said...

My cousin in PA is a big duck hunter. I've never been much into it. Went Dove hunting a few times, but it always seemed like a lot of work for a tiny amount of meat. I bet it's fun to hunt ducks though.

phlegmfatale said...

Hope you have a good time hunting dove! I'll bet you did better than you expected to.

NotClauswitz said...

Hey how'd it go? Was it fun?