Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What I'm reading...

Or more accurately, re-reading: Ringworld by Larry Niven. Ringworld is just that: an artificially created ring around a sun, the circumference of which is equivalent to the orbit of an earth-like planet, that you can live on. Kinda like Halo...
I've just started reading the book and its been ages since I read it, so I can't remember the storyline, which is good, because I'll be discovering it all over again...
Speaking of Halo, Halo 3 is coming out soon - Sept 25th. Halo was the sole reason I bought my XBOX, and Halo 3 is the sole reason I got my XBOX 360. Sure, Gears of War is great, as are most of the other XBOX360 games I've acquired thus far, but the bottom line is if Halo 3 was offered in regular XBOX format, I would probably never have gotten - nor desired - an XBOX 360.
Whatever else you may think of Microsoft, those guys sure know how to market their stuff.
I'll probably reserve my copy today sometime...

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

Ringworld is one i've heard of but never picked up. I'll add it to my list.