Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You won't believe...

What I just did tonight...
For possibly the second time in my life, I went rollerskating!
My wife's Small Group (church group) had a "fun night" tonight and it was at the local rollerskating rink. It was the first time I had met several of these people (all really nice folks, by the way - they made me feel very welcome) and they were all tearing it up on the rink, of course. My wife hopped right in, all her skating memories just coming right back... and the kids and I... well, we floundered. First time ever for my children - they've led a sheltered life - and MAYBE the second time ever for ME. Nope, not a skater... but now I've gone and made an ass of myself, pride demands that I return and master this elusive skill! Reckon it's gonna be fun for the kids to learn too... yeah, that's my hook... I'm "teaching the kids"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted a picture!