Monday, January 25, 2010

Random Stuff...

The Wife is in Chicago all this week at a conference, which is going to make for interesting times here as far as juggling my work schedule with the kids' school schedule. Luckily I have some good friends willing to help out...
Got the first issue of my subscription to Reason magazine this last weekend... haven't read it all yet but there's plenty of good stuff in there...
The Saints-Vikings game was a close one. I didn't care for the officiating. In the Saint's last drive before OT, there were three bad calls in a row - a first down given when clearly the ball didn't pass the mark, a pass interference penalty against the Vikings for what was obviously an uncatchable ball and a completion where the ball hit the ground as the guy was catching it. I'm not even a Vikings fan, and I was pissed at the refs...
Girding ourselves here at the kingdom for another week of crap weather. Sand bags and sump pump at the ready. The rain here in the lowlands means snow in the surrounding mountains, and after we get rain, the skies clear up, giving clear views for miles. The snow capped mountains look beautiful right now. Number One Son is supposed to be going up into the mountains this Friday for "Astro Camp", and I'm thinking he needs some warmer clothing than he currently has. I'm wondering if they're going to need chains to get up there. Do they even make snow chains for school buses?

1 comment:

Brett said...

Thanks for the magazine name drop - I've added it to my Google Reader. I'll let you know what I think. Good luck with the floods and pestilence :)