Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Riddles in the Dark...

...is the title of chapter five of The Hobbit, which I just finished reading to my kids tonight - the chapter where Bilbo Baggins encounters Gollum and The Ring. Probably not the best choice for bedtime reading to a nine- and ten-year-old. It's more than a little creepy, but I did stress that Bilbo managed to escape by the end of the chapter, and that it's just a story.
They've been reminding me every night to read them the story thus far; I hope this chapter hasn't discouraged them. I think I sometimes forget how young they still are...

1 comment:

Julie & Christian said...

they both informed me, by their own accord the next day, how that book scared the crap out of them :). But I think it's awesome you're reading it to them! A little bit of excitement won't hurt them.