Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PMSR

What do you get when you take this...




Add this...




Plus this...?






Why, you get the Poor Man's Scout Rifle, of course!





Total time to put together - about 45 minutes. The hardest part was punching out the iron sight pin, but that wasn't too bad at all. A few adjustments, and I got this...




Hopefully that's close enough to get it on paper at the range, and I can go from there. Sure, it's no Ruger, but I can't complain about the cost - about $160 for everything you see here. Something to tinker with, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.




2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

Looks better to mean than the weird Ruger incarnation of the magazine-fed (?) Scout. Looks more like the Real Thing.

Joe Texan said...

Nice setup there. I have a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and I'd like to put a long eye relief scope on it. Where did you get that scope mount and what make/model of scope is it? Thanks in advance...if you want to e-mail me directly, you can at jhend91@yahoo.com.