Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random Pics

I took a few pictures with my new iPhone, before the lens gets all scratchy and blurry from my repeated abuse...

The Back-Up...


Trek 4500 Disc hardtail. As frequently as I have found myself biking (4-6 days a week), and with the abuse that these bikes go through on the trails, it became clear to me that I needed something to fall back on when my primary needs to be worked on - as was the case a few weeks ago, when I snapped the frame on the Haro. Fortunately, it was a warranty repair and the turnaround was only six days, but six days of not riding means you lose a little bit of whatever endurance and speed you've built up, and have some catch-up to do. At the time, I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a friend's back-up bike, but I shouldn't have to count on other people. Besides, what if I wrecked their bike? Not to mention, the cost of high-quality components for these bikes is enough to make you puke, so having a back-up gives me some breathing room in which to save when something goes out, as it inevitably will.



This bike is not nearly as nice as the Haro, obviously - the components are of a lower quality (but upgradeable) and there's no back shock, which makes it more of a challenge in the rough stuff, but it has hydraulic disc brakes - which is very important to me - and a decent front shock with lock out. I also got it at a ridiculous price, brand new. It's my go-to whenever I want to ride around on the streets too.

The Boomstick...


CZ 452 chambered in .17HMR, a Christmas gift from my amazing wife. Beautiful little bolt action rifle with a five-round magazine, that doesn't get nearly as much use as it should. Topped with a Barska AO scope - also a Christmas gift from my wife - which I have yet to try. Wow, that's pathetic... sorely in need of some range time...



This one is a real pleasure to shoot. I wouldn't recommend hunting for the table with this one though; I nailed a rabbit with it at a pretty long distance, and what was left was pretty much just jelly. Those rounds are traveling at a fair clip...



Thinking about bringing this one to the GBR.



The Baby...

Sasha, the Rat Terrier, queen of all she surveys, three years and change old now. Still as cute as ever, although the picture may not bear that out so well.

Meh. Still fairly crappy quality pics. As a camera, my iPhone is pretty failtastic.

No comments: