Saturday, April 07, 2007

My good friend Luann...

Is moving with her family to Michigan sometime this summer. We're going to miss her something awful, and I'm (not so) secretly jealous that she's getting out of CA.
I thought California could not be outdone in legislative lunacy, but it appears that I may be wrong.
A state-supplied iPod for every kid? Not even the California legislature has the chutzpah to try and pull that (yet). Yep, this is exactly what government is for: give people free crap. How to pay for it? Raise taxes of course. This idea is stupid even for Democrats. I understand their motives for handing out freebies - it buys them votes. Unfortunately, kids can't vote, so there's no return on this one.
Looks like it may be a case of "out of the frying pan into the fire" for my friend...
Her kids would love the iPods though, I'm sure...

2 comments:

FHB said...

It's gotta have something to do with education, taking classes over the Ipod? Bezarre.

Anonymous said...

Bye Luann...I know EVERYONE will miss you terribly. On the positive side, it would be AWESOME to take a trip and come see you! We'll have to plan something with Kevin and Julie.