Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taxes...

I didn't post yesterday because I gritted my teeth and took on the dreaded 1040 FIVE WHOLE DAYS before the deadline, almost a personal best.
I don't want to go on a full-blown tax rant, but I am going to whine just a little.
Feudal serfs paid their overlords a smaller percentage that we do. What is wrong with this picture?
We need a flat tax without all the mathematical contortions, gimmicks, exemptions, deductions, penalties, blah blah blah.
Damn, did I just say that? We need a tax? Sigh. How far we've come...
There's an old Libertarian poster in a used book store nearby, with the following slogan:
A tax on work is slavery.
Nuff said.

1 comment:

FHB said...

Flat tax on lowest %80 of the income bracket, and graduated tax on the top %20. No deductions and crap. Hell, I already got my refund.