Monday, March 05, 2007

Disneyland

My family and I spent the weekend in Anaheim with my wife's parents, staying at a hotel Saturday night and going to Disneyland on Sunday. A great time, but unfortunately, idiot that I am, I left the damn camera at home...
Disneyland was PACKED. I don't think I've ever seen it that busy. The in-laws hooked us all up with annual passes (which is incredibly generous of them, and they do it every year), so our next forays into the happiest place on earth will be during the week, and hopefully we can hit more than THREE rides...
I tell you, even though we only live about an hour away from D-land, staying at a hotel close by the night before is the way to go. Just roll out of bed, grab a coffee from Starbucks and hop on the shuttle. Very civilized.
Unfortunately, we had to wait about an hour for the ride back to the hotel - seems like we caught the "J" route guy on his lunch break.
Even so, I never have a bad time at D-land. Just watching the kids go nuts makes my day. Pictures next time, I promise...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I was in Anaheim last Thursday. I grew up in Florida not far from where they built DisneyWorld, and I've been to the parks there several times (most recently on my honeymoon in '95.)

I couldn't get over the fact that DisneyLand is in the middle of the city of Anaheim. Go up in the taller rides and you can see the Jack-in-the-Box on the corner, or the freaking freeway. It kind of ruins the mood for me. When you're on the campus of DisneyWorld, you're in their world. Everything else is miles away. I far prefer it.

But my grandkids are going to DisneyLand in a couple of weeks. They don't know any better.

Yet.

Kevin said...

I've yet to see Disneyworld myself; although my parents used to live pretty close by there, I just never had the opportunity when I visited. I've heard Disneyworld is a lot bigger and better, and I'd love for my kids to see it someday...