Friday, March 30, 2007

So where the hell have I been...

...this last week?

South Carlsbad State Beach, baby...

This was the view from our campsite. We were camped on bluffs about 30-50 feet above the beach. Absolutely beautiful. We came in late Friday, after having a blowout on the trailer (it has 3 axles, so I didn't even feel it -- some guy pulled up next to me on the freeway and told me), and stayed through Thursday, the first week of our kids' spring break. My wife's family stayed with us over the weekend, which was a lot of fun (and brought about the untimely demise of many, many beers).



My daughter's classmate Kamryn's family was staying there that week too, which was pretty cool. She had someone to hang out with (as did her brother, since Kamryn has an older bro too).

Here's the kids hanging out in our trailer. Mine are the two in the middle...

My wife is obsessed with sunsets, and no post about our trip would be complete without a picture of one...




We had a great time there, with the exception of the tire blowout and the subsequent $200 hit at the local tire shop...
One caveat... this is a STATE beach campsite, so there are a lot of BS rules to put up with, for example, no generators after 8pm and before 10am (10am!? Who the hell is still asleep at 10am in a campsite?)
Nevertheless, we will be back....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally pictures! Aww...I have many memories of South Carlsbad :)

NotClauswitz said...

Sweet!