Tuesday, March 06, 2007

FINALLY!!

I picked up my birthday present today!! Only THREE months later! It's a Savage MKII F in .22LR, an inexpensive bolt action for plinking...
Here's the tale...
December 2nd was my birthday, and I received some money from my wife and in-laws..
December 15th: I finally got around to picking out my gun, and ordered this one sight unseen from the store. The price was right, and I wanted to see how the vaunted Savage accutrigger was.
December through February: called once a week, only to hear "Nope, it's not in yet. Nope, we don't know when it'll get in. Try back next week."
February 23rd: Called the store and found out that YES! It's in!
February 24th: Went in to start my DROS, the California-required background check and 10 day waiting period. You know, in a twisted and psychotic kind of way, it's sort of exciting -- having to wait heightens the anticipation*...
March 6th: I am the proud owner of a new rifle... at last!
First impressions: the bolt seems a little stiff, the clerk said it would need to be worked in. Hmm. We'll see. The magazine wobbles a little in place, and the catch is a flimsy looking piece of spring steel. Well, for $170, what should one expect, right? I'll have to see how it shoots this weekend...


*This statement is in no way meant to construe any sort of endorsement whatsoever of California's unconstitutional, paranoid and flat-out insane gun laws.



3 comments:

Julie & Christian said...

Congrats! And happy very belated birthday.

NotClauswitz said...

That looks nice, woo-hoo! Looks like it has the Savage Accu-Trigger too. We have several Savages at my club that guys like pretty well - those are in .223 but look identical. Next up is punch some holes with it! :-)

Kevin said...

Aww yeah... I'll be hunting paper this weekend...